Any personnel that specifies, installs and restores fiber optics systems. With this course, students will complete the Fiber Optics Association (FOA) exam for Certified Fiber Optic Technician (CFOT) certification.
- Identify fiber types
- Optical fiber installation
- Splicing – fusion and mechanical
- Connectorization and troubleshooting Cable basics and selection
- Acceptance testing and much more are taught with extensive hands-on practice using special tools such as OTDR (optical time domain reflectometer)
- Also covered is the use of transceivers, switching gear, splice enclosure hardware, and procedures pertaining to installing and testing them.
- Includes exam fees and course materials
To register please click the link Register .