FIBER OPTICS SPECIALIST COURSE OVERVIEW
Our mission is to expose our students to the rudiment of fiber optic project from Design to implementation & Documentation.
- What is involved in designing a fiber optic network?
- How to become a sub-contractor having possessed the skill of writing and defending fiber project proposal
- How to choose components appropriate for communication systems.
- How to proposed routing of the cable plant affects component choice and installation, carrying out fiber route survey using Google earth and GPS
- Using loss budgets to ensure the communications system will work over the fiber optic proposed cable plant
- How to determine what should be tested and documented: interpreting the Sow, preparing the BoQ, quotation and estimates
- What paperwork and documentation will be needed for the project
- How to manage the installation
- Interpretation of sow
- Fiber proposed route survey
- Preparation of BoQ
- Fiber project implementation skill
- Documentation skill
- Drawing interpretation
- Project management skill
- Software usage (map source, Google earth, excel, Ms-project etc)
- Hardware handling (GPS)
A basic understanding of telecommunications and basic fiber optic splicing, termination and testing is required prior to taking this course.